Monday, February 9, 2009

New Effort

Alright, for those wondering about my ability to gain some weight, in two weeks I gained six pounds. Yep count them, one, two, blah blah blah, six. Then some things happened, I got stressed, had an upset stomach, didn't eat for two days, and then went to eating very little, and lost five pounds. Oops, so I'm down to 131 pounds at the moment. No comments about the weight, and for those of you who want to share your weight with me, I'll accept fat shipments for 19.99 per pound plus S&H. Actually I'm going to start blogging more often in an effort to build some accountability for what I'm working on. I've got a very strict diet of 4000 calories that I have prepared. A personal trainer, of sorts, who claims he is going to make me hurt and want to die. Or something to that effect, bring it on!!! Plus I have developed four other goals that I'm working on. Do you want to know what my goals are? Do I ask to look in your underwear drawer? The first goal, which I'll actually admit here is I want to get to 180 pounds. Yep, that means I need to gain fifty pounds, so now is where you come in, write me, remind me, call me, or text (because that is what I do most) me to make me accountable. I'll help you with something, even if it is to make you dinner of roasted veggies and grilled chicken. YUMMY!!! And don't worry I'm not going to post a picture of me without a shirt on to track my progress. Even I don't want to see that!!!

Also, I'm trying to read more often, so I'm going to post a few quotes of things I like as I read. Yep, most of it will be religious, but then if you really think about it, if it is true, it is probably important to do some reading. So I'll post some of my favorite quotes and where I got it.

Finally I'm working on food storage. I don't know why I want to work on it, maybe because I actually have interest and the means to start to prepare it, either way I'll post pictures, (if I figure out how that is done) recipes, and things I learn. Plus if you really want to help me, come over for dinner so I can try a modified recipe on you!!! I'm thinking balsamic roasted chicken and wild mushroom pea risotto on Wednesday after the gym. Any takers? (Yep I joined a gym too, should we put bets on the last day I show up? lol)

3 comments:

Marly said...

I think I'm confused. Why is it you want to get so much bigger? During my first pregnancy I ended up at 195 :) Although I haven't seen that weight since.
I think you need to cook for me. Except I don't need that many calories. I just need to want to eat something without wanted to throw it up.

Katie said...

I am working on food storage too. My problem is that I want to eat living foods, not white flour, sugar, and powdered milk. So I am learning how to use and store foods that can be living - whole grains and legumes, seeds, etc. I even started a blog to try to force me to learn to use more of these foods:

http://beansandrice.blogspot.com

I have about 13 recipes started in my dashboard, but I have only posted 1. I'm a bad blogger.

I'm teaching a sprouting class for Relief Society on Thursday. I got into sprouting because I wanted a way to have live foods even if I was living 100% on food storage.

Anyway, it's surprising how much food storage you can put in an apartment. I have a 55-gallon water barrel in the kids' room. I am at work right now and have a 5-gallon bucket of coconut oil sitting under my desk!

Macey's case lot sale is this week, so I would suggest stocking up on canned beans and tomatoes - they make so many easy, cheap, and healthy meals.

TBD said...

All through high school I weighed about 145 lbs or less. I now weigh 200 after about six years of going to the gym regularly (sometimes less regularly than others) and adhering to a stricter diet. 4000 calories is nuts but I wish you luck with that. I'd be happy if I could just get a solid 3000 in. I just hate having to eat all the time. I'm working towards 210 now.

If this is the first time you've really tried working out and gaining weight, you will probably see quick gains early (I think I gained 15 lbs during the first semester I took a weight lifting course), and then they come more slowly and require more work.

My Favorite Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones