Monday, March 9, 2009

Two More Weeks Has Gone By

Alright, after two additional weeks, I have 12 additional visits to the gym. Though with the attempt to gain weight, I must say I fell off the diet. I took a few days of respite to work on some other things. Though it isn't too bad, I lost one pound the first week and nothing the second week. That brings my total weight gain to 2.5 pounds. So that isn't bad, what is great is that I have been able to increase the weight I am lifting across the board. So I think for the most part things are looking up. Also, I have been working on a few new projects, one of them being food storage. I'm headed to Macey's tomorrow to spend a little bit of money, ok it will probably not be anywhere near a little bit. But it is fun to come home with a car full of food, lol. Finally, anyone want to go shooting? I bought a Glock 19, it is a 9mm, and it is a blast to shoot. Though I need to get more used to it, anyone want to join me at the shooting range? (Yep, watch out for those gun crazy rednecks, I think I'm one of them now. Just wait until I get the Glock 21SF, it is really nice too.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am really violence-averse, but I do like target shooting! My dad took us a few times when I was a kid, and I thought I was fantastic at it. I could be imagining things though.

I own half a .22 rifle, actually, though I have no idea where it is. Probably in my parents' gun cabinet. I don't think I've ever shot a handgun.

A coworker at my last job went to tactical shooting competitions frequently. It was amazing what they could do. He showed me a video of a guy holding a handgun, dropping the spent magazine and putting in a new one all in one smooth motion, probably in 1/2 a second.

Our friends took my kids shooting a couple months ago, and they didn't die, so that's good. My husband does like guns and would like to own them, so we need to get our kids educated on how to use them properly.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a concealed weapons permit just so that I could have it, but I don't know about getting an actual gun. I'm the type that would probably have it used against me instead of taking action first.

My Favorite Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones